The Green Planet Dubai
Green Planet is a desert paradise that recreates the incredible South American Amazon rainforest ecology. This 60,000-square-foot glass biodome at City Walk is home to over 3000 distinct species of flora and wildlife, including hyacinth macaws, toco toucans with orange beeks, and coy nocturnal porcupines, as well as crocodile lizards and snakes.
It was designed by Meraas and is run by the ZoOceanarium Group. It features an exquisite cylindrical form, with the outside resembling a folded piece of origami paper.
A visit to Green Planet is said to give you the feeling of experiencing an actual tropical forest since it is designed down to the smallest detail with absolutely real-like rainforest elements. The main attraction is a giant 25-meter-tall artificial Kapok type tree that rises tall and spreads around the building.
It is the largest of its type in the world, made mainly of vines and figs, and serves as a life-sustaining tree, sheltering numerous exotic plant, animal, and bird species. A sparkling waterfall linked to the tree adds to the enchantment, as well as infusing the air with refreshing mist. As at its other sites across the world, the larger-than-life wax reproductions of notable personalities from many sectors such as art, history, entertainment, sports, politics, and science can be found here.
With this tree at the biodome’s core, it has covered all parts of an ecosystem, owing to its four layers of Flooded Rainforest, Forest Floor, Midstory, and Canopy.
In fact, from the Australian Walkabout and the Bat Cave to the Sloth Encounter, Sugar Glider Encounter, and Reptile Encounter, you’re guaranteed to encounter some fantastic surprises at every turn. Furthermore, you will be able to touch and hold a real python.
You can explore these sections more easily by using the spiral path created around the tree or by boarding an elevator. If you’re an adventurer, don’t miss the opportunity to stroll over a rope suspension bridge that leads to a tree home while providing unparalleled and up-close views of the artificial tree.
So, if you want to enjoy lush vegetation and a cool atmosphere in the center of the sweltering desert metropolis, a visit to Green Planet is a must-do while in Dubai, especially if you’re a nature fan or traveling with your family and children.
- Entrance ticket for The Green Planet Dubai.
Why should I choose this?
- This City Walk indoor attraction is the Middle East’s first Bio-dome.
- It’s fantastic for people of all ages, but especially for those who want to experience quiet and cool nature in the heart of the desert.
- The massive 60,000-square-foot building recreates the Amazon jungle environment.
- In the middle of the facility is the biggest man-made tree of its kind, which acts as a breeding ground for a variety of exotic plants, animals, and birds.
- Discover the ecosystem’s four layers: Flooded Rainforest, Forest Floor, Midstory, and Canopy.
- Touch pythons, visit the aquarium, meet sloths, and watch numerous spectacular bird species freely flying overhead, among others.
- It also captivates you with incredible adventures like Australian Walkabouts, Bug Encounter, the Bat Cave, and Sugar Glider Encounter.
What are the advantages of using our travel agent?
- Convenient booking choices with instant confirmation.
- Local experts as travel agents in the UAE.
- Exclusive 24/7 customer service helpline.
- Special promotions and deals offer from time to time.